to the Houghton Trust website
The Houghton Trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England. It is also a Registered Charity.
The Houghton Trust was established with the primary objective of promoting the extension of knowledge in the field of avian pathology in all matters related to the diseases of birds, including bacteriology, epizootiology, genetics, immunology, parasitology, pathology, toxicology and virology and the dissemination of such extended knowledge to the public.
It achieves this objective by:
- producing Avian Pathology, the Journal of the World Veterinary Poultry Association
- awarding Travel Grants to young scientists
- awarding Small Project Research Grants
- awarding Vacation Studentships
- sponsoring the Avian Pathology Lecture at each international congress of the World Veterinary Poultry Association
- sponsoring the Avian Pathology Asian Lecture at WVPA Asia meetings in the years between international WVPA congresses